Storytelling with Collage
23rd - 30th October 2021 - more than 4 places available
All levels welcome
You are invited to spend a very special mixed media art holiday with Roxanne in the hilltop village of Montelparo in Le Marche, Italy. See the magic, feel the history and hear the sounds of life in a medieval village from the eyes of an artist. She will be your guide in finding the magic of this enchanting landscape nestled between the mountains and the Adriatic Coast. You will create a handcrafted artist book that you will uniquely fill with creations during our retreat. We will work both in the studio and on field trips with paint, collage and mixed media projects that tell your story of this time and place.
All levels of skill are welcome for this retreat. Come and have an artistic adventure and journey in Italy with Roxanne!
Roxanne lives and creates in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and the mountains and the river lands that surround her home are her constant inspiration. She has had her work shown throughout the United States and been published in multiple books and magazines. She also has two books of her own that have been published, Storytelling with Collage and Dancing on Raindrops. Both are available on Amazon Books.
Roxanne designs stencils for StencilGirl Products. She teaches workshops and retreats nationally and internationally and online workshops to students from all around the world.
"Teaching enables me to share my passion…nothing makes me more happy than helping my students through their own process of renewal and to find their own magic. Through my art I would like to convey the feeling of connecting, timelessness and re-creation.
As an artist I am constantly learning and growing. Art is my passion, my love, my soul.”
To see Roxanne's work visit: www.roxanneevansstout.com
Art retreat prices start from €1,899 per person which INCLUDES the following:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights luxury en-suite accommodation - see our rooms here
- Transportation to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop) based on everyone being transferred at the same time*
- All meals including breakfast, lunch or gourmet picnics on location and evening meals
- Delicious local house wine with lunch and evening meal
- 5 days painting tuition including 2 days’ excursions to stunning locations
- Transportation to and from painting locations
- One day “Taste of Le Marche” excursion visiting local artisanal cheese, olive oil and wine producers with tours and tastings
- Unlimited use of lockable studio
- Easels, boards and painting chairs supplied
- All drinks other than wine, water and tea and coffee with meals
- Travel insurance, which is highly recommended
*Included in the price is ONE group transfer on the day of arrival and departure. We organise pick up times based on the majority of the group's arrival time either into Ancona airport or at the local train or coach stops.
We will do our very best to make sure nobody has to wait for too long but please be aware we will be picking up other members of the group whose arrival times may not necessary coincide perfectly with your own and we ask for your patience.
If your arrival time doesn't coincide with the majority of the group or you are arriving a day or so earlier the options are:
1. We can schedule a pick up at an additional cost of €150
2. Take a taxi from outside the airport which will cost in the region of €250
3. Take a train from the airport to Ancona train station and from there take the train to Pedaso where we can arrange a pick up for €60
4. Hire a car from the airport
If there is anybody else arriving doing the same we will arrange it so that you can share the transport costs.
Similarly for departure, for retreats the rooms MUST be vacated by 10:00 on the morning of departure. Departure time from the hotel will be set based on the majority of the group. Again we will do our very best to accommodate everyone.