1st - 8th May 2021 - more than 4 places available
All Levels Welcome: Sketching, oils, watercolor and acrylics
The workshop is designed to be a stimulating and stress-free, experience for beginners to advanced students. Everything has been carefully organized so all you need to do is paint and enjoy the wonderful experience of visiting Italy. Painting location are carefully chosen for scenic beauty and class size is limited for plenty of one on one instruction. You’ll develop the skills necessary to translate light into the language of paint.
- Composition, understanding and simplifying shapes
- Laying down a foundation quickly and confidently
- Creating and developing a focal point
- Color mixing to create atmospheric perspective
Welcome reception and informational meet and greet on day one. Each day begins with a lecture and demonstration on the fundamentals of painting. There will be plenty of painting time, personal instruction, and group critiques to promote your progress. We will end the week with a farewell dinner. A detailed itinerary will be furnished upon registration.
Eli Cedrone is an award-winning artist from Boston and Bermuda. A graduate of the School of Art & Design, (Suffolk University) she also studied in Florence, Italy; The Museum of Fine Arts School and The Academy of Realist Art, Boston. She is the recipient of several fellowships and has participated in juried invitationals in the US and abroad.
"I've always been influenced by the power of images to express ideas and emotions. Painting is a process of discovery and decision making where disparate elements pull together until the image is clearly expressed. Ultimately my concerns are with the expressive qualities of light captured with paint.
For more about the instructor visit http://elicedrone.faso.com
Painting holiday prices start from €1,950 per person which includes the following:
- 7 nights luxury en-suite accommodation - see our rooms here
- Local transportation including group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)*
- All meals including breakfast, lunch or gourmet picnics on location and evening meals
- Delicious local house wine with lunch and evening meal
- 5 days painting tuition including 3 days’ excursions to stunning locations
- one day "Taste of Le Marche" excursion visiting artisanal cheese, olive oil and wine producers with tours and tastings
- Unlimited use of lockable studio
- Easels, boards and painting chairs supplied
*On the day of arrival we organise pick up times based on the groups arrival times either into Ancona airport or at the local train or coach stops.
We will do our very best to make sure nobody has to wait for too long but please be aware we will be picking up other members of the group whose arrival times may not necessary coincide perfectly with your own and we ask for your patience.
If you are arriving at a time that really doesn’t tie in with the group or arriving a day or so earlier we can arrange for a taxi to pick you up. The cost of a taxi is in the region of €150. If there is anybody else arriving doing the same we will arrange it so that you can share the transport costs.
Similarly for departure, for retreats the rooms are to be vacated by 10:00 on the morning of departure. Departure time will be set based on the majority of the group. Again we will do our very best to accommodate everyone.