Simplifying the Landscape
6th - 13th June 2020 - more than 4 places available
A painting holiday suitable for all abilities in the medium of your choice
During the week we will be looking at the various ways in which we can depict the essence of the beautiful countryside around Montelparo, and the ancient architecture of the surrounding villages. In our sketches and paintings we will concentrate on eliminating unnecessary detail whilst capturing the true spirit and atmosphere of this evocative part of Italy. There will be plenty of demonstrations and talks covering subject matter, composition, and colour combinations, as well as detailed one to one tuition.
Kevin Scully studied at Wimbledon School of Art, and is a full-time artist and tutor in all mediums. He has taught on numerous painting holidays at home and abroad. He is the author of several books on painting, and writes regular articles for The Artist, and Artist & Illustrators magazines.
To view Kevin’s work visit: www.kevinscully.co.uk
Painting holiday prices start from €1,249 per person which includes the following:
- All tuition fees
- 7 nights Luxury accommodation - see our rooms here
- Local transportation including group transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)*
- All meals including breakfast, lunch or gourmet picnics on location and evening meals
- Delicious local house wine with lunch and evening meal
- 5 days painting tuition including 3 days’ excursions to stunning locations
- Unlimited use of lockable studio
- Easels, boards and portable stools and chairs
- All drinks other than wine, water and teas & coffee with meals
- Travel insurance, which is highly recommended
*Included in the price is ONE group transfer on the day of arrival and departure. We organise pick up times based on the majority of the group's arrival time either into Ancona airport or at the local train or coach stops.
We will do our very best to make sure nobody has to wait for too long but please be aware we will be picking up other members of the group whose arrival times may not necessary coincide perfectly with your own and we ask for your patience.
If your arrival time doesn't coincide with the majority of the group or you are arriving a day or so earlier the options are:
1. We can schedule a pick up at an additional cost of €150
2. Take a taxi from outside the airport which will cost in the region of €250
3. Take a train from the airport to Ancona train station and from there take the train to Pedaso where we can arrange a pick up for €60
4. Hire a car from the airport
If there is anybody else arriving doing the same we will arrange it so that you can share the transport costs.
Similarly for departure, for retreats the rooms MUST be vacated by 10:00 on the morning of departure. Departure time from the hotel will be set based on the majority of the group. Again we will do our very best to accommodate everyone.